Braking System

110

Asked by Sep 19, 2008 at 02:42 PM about the 1995 Ford Bantam

If we do away with the brake equiliser underneath the bin will it make any difference to the braking system when carrying a load

610

I have to ask, why would you want/need to do that? A little more info may help get your question answered.

110

The brake equiliser is leaking and its quite costly to replace it. I dont see why we cant run it as any other normal vehicle system which ius just straight from your booster cylinder unit to the brake cylinderts at the rear.

610

Depending on how that plumbing is ran, that thing may do more than is apperant. It may have the proporting valve in it as well which divides the pressure between the front and back. I would work towards replacement if fixing the part is out of the question. I would not recomend bypassing it as you are asking.