AT WARNING LIGHT

Asked by Jul 15, 2013 at 05:31 AM about the 2005 Mazda Premacy

please explain whats the AT warning light about

Is this light on the instrument cluster, along with other warning lights? Or if not where? I could find no reference to "AT warning" or "AT light" and all kinds of combinations like that. AT is usually Automatic Transmission, so could you please explain in detail where the light is, red, yellow, anything else you can tell me. if in doubt, say it,

Theodore...you got me really curious...please come back....okay? I'd like to help.

24,105

Definitely means "Automatic Transaxle" Warning Light on the Mazda (see pic below). If you are NOT low on Automatic Transmission fluid, then get your car serviced ASAP, as there might be something more serious going on.

Thanks Racer for the help. Good morning

24,105

Hey there David....I hopped on here early this AM before work. Hope you're having a good evening! @Theodore...did you check your AT fluid level? Is it low or what? Hopefully, you've figured out what to do at this point...If you are in serious doubt, have it looked at by a mechanic.

40

yellow light

20

If a t light on mean transmission overheating need a flush and filter change usually over heat cause filter clogged if u in Pennsylvania ,Newjersy or deware try the mobile mechanic they come to you call 2674071967

410

AT warning light would come on and my car would jerk as if shifting gears and I have an automatic (Mazda 3). Yesterday took to the dealer and did a diagnostic. I had to replace the two speed sensor and did a transmission flush as that was also causing the AT light to turn on. This is what the dealer told me. I really do not understand these things but he explained and I agreed. Not cheap but definitely needed. More expensive if the transmission goes out (that would be really expensive). Car today is driving like a newborn. Get it checked out.

120

Mine just started also. Very scary driving and unsafe..shifts gears without warning and slows down. Will take to dealer. Hope don't need new Tranny

120

just to add to my similar situation..my fluids not low..in fact were very full and I also have automatic Mazda3.

150

My Mazda 5 felt like it shifted gears tonight and I briefly saw AT3 flash in red on dashboard. Check Engine light came on. I drove about 5 miles home with no other jerking but Check Engine still on.

220

Hi I have a 2004 Mazda 6 4cyl... My AT light popped on this morning and then I started having trouble starting it... First thing I noticed when it was barely starting I would hear-feel a hard thump/clunk noise so to speak and then followed by a struggling start and now I can't even jump it to start it... What does this mean?

40

Have a Mazda 5 the same at light and check light came last night this morning the car is not moving

20

I have a 04 3i sedan. Last year it did what many of the model does and quit shifting beyond 2nd gear. Had to replace transmission. I've recently been hearing a "whoop whoop"sound that speeds up and down with acceleration. Then the other day at the atm after driving150 miles or so it wanted to stall and the AT light came on. I turned it off and back on and no more light and drove it home. Still got the" whoop whoop" though. Which seems to be getting louder. Haven't drove it since. Sorry, not really an answer but a question. The whoop?

20

Hello racer_x You can help me define that means light ( Security indicator light) I have a 2007 Mazda6

30

hello please help me on this same issue ! Recently i changed my ATF and after that i am getting this probem My AT Signal turn on and it goes very heavy ! but when i start key switch on/off.. it gone and again come after 2/3 minutes! i checked my ATF gauge ! its showing little low around more 500~600 ml need to fill that gauge

90

I have a 09 mazda premacy. My AT light started flashing and car felt like gears slipping and jerking. Now the car has completely stopped....HELP!!

30

Check your transmission control module

90

I have an 08 Mazda 6 2.3l engine, the yellow AT light popped on the other day and has been on every since. The car was jerking and slipping in between gears, now when the car sits over night the car shifts regularly up until gear 4 it never shifts into gear 5. After the car has been driven for a long amount of time the car stays in gear 3 even though I can reach to 80 and the rpm stuck at 6 what is the problem

90

I also tried the Lucas transmission fix I notice a smoother ride but still stuck in 3rd gear, I will see the full result when I wake up

10

My At light kept going on and off then after a week my battery died. If I replace the battery will the at light still come on