AT WARNING LIGHT

Asked by Jul 15, 2013 at 05:31 AM about the 2005 Mazda Premacy

please explain whats the AT warning light about

Is this light on the instrument cluster, along with other warning lights? Or if not where? I could find no reference to "AT warning" or "AT light" and all kinds of combinations like that. AT is usually Automatic Transmission, so could you please explain in detail where the light is, red, yellow, anything else you can tell me. if in doubt, say it,

Theodore...you got me really curious...please come back....okay? I'd like to help.

26,365

Definitely means "Automatic Transaxle" Warning Light on the Mazda (see pic below). If you are NOT low on Automatic Transmission fluid, then get your car serviced ASAP, as there might be something more serious going on.

Thanks Racer for the help. Good morning

26,365

Hey there David....I hopped on here early this AM before work. Hope you're having a good evening! @Theodore...did you check your AT fluid level? Is it low or what? Hopefully, you've figured out what to do at this point...If you are in serious doubt, have it looked at by a mechanic.

70

yellow light

30

If a t light on mean transmission overheating need a flush and filter change usually over heat cause filter clogged if u in Pennsylvania ,Newjersy or deware try the mobile mechanic they come to you call 2674071967

530

AT warning light would come on and my car would jerk as if shifting gears and I have an automatic (Mazda 3). Yesterday took to the dealer and did a diagnostic. I had to replace the two speed sensor and did a transmission flush as that was also causing the AT light to turn on. This is what the dealer told me. I really do not understand these things but he explained and I agreed. Not cheap but definitely needed. More expensive if the transmission goes out (that would be really expensive). Car today is driving like a newborn. Get it checked out.

160

Mine just started also. Very scary driving and unsafe..shifts gears without warning and slows down. Will take to dealer. Hope don't need new Tranny

160

just to add to my similar situation..my fluids not low..in fact were very full and I also have automatic Mazda3.

320

My Mazda 5 felt like it shifted gears tonight and I briefly saw AT3 flash in red on dashboard. Check Engine light came on. I drove about 5 miles home with no other jerking but Check Engine still on.

350

Hi I have a 2004 Mazda 6 4cyl... My AT light popped on this morning and then I started having trouble starting it... First thing I noticed when it was barely starting I would hear-feel a hard thump/clunk noise so to speak and then followed by a struggling start and now I can't even jump it to start it... What does this mean?

100

Have a Mazda 5 the same at light and check light came last night this morning the car is not moving

50

I have a 04 3i sedan. Last year it did what many of the model does and quit shifting beyond 2nd gear. Had to replace transmission. I've recently been hearing a "whoop whoop"sound that speeds up and down with acceleration. Then the other day at the atm after driving150 miles or so it wanted to stall and the AT light came on. I turned it off and back on and no more light and drove it home. Still got the" whoop whoop" though. Which seems to be getting louder. Haven't drove it since. Sorry, not really an answer but a question. The whoop?

30

Hello racer_x You can help me define that means light ( Security indicator light) I have a 2007 Mazda6

100

hello please help me on this same issue ! Recently i changed my ATF and after that i am getting this probem My AT Signal turn on and it goes very heavy ! but when i start key switch on/off.. it gone and again come after 2/3 minutes! i checked my ATF gauge ! its showing little low around more 500~600 ml need to fill that gauge

150

I have a 09 mazda premacy. My AT light started flashing and car felt like gears slipping and jerking. Now the car has completely stopped....HELP!!

40

Check your transmission control module

410

I have an 08 Mazda 6 2.3l engine, the yellow AT light popped on the other day and has been on every since. The car was jerking and slipping in between gears, now when the car sits over night the car shifts regularly up until gear 4 it never shifts into gear 5. After the car has been driven for a long amount of time the car stays in gear 3 even though I can reach to 80 and the rpm stuck at 6 what is the problem

410

I also tried the Lucas transmission fix I notice a smoother ride but still stuck in 3rd gear, I will see the full result when I wake up

40

My At light kept going on and off then after a week my battery died. If I replace the battery will the at light still come on

40

My wife has a 2007 Masada 6. The AT light came on after a bad cold front came through the our area. The transmission seemed to lag a bit and occasionally jump when shifting. When connected to a diagnostic computer no codes were give.... long story short, I needed to replace my transmission fluid filter and transmission fluid. Now it runs like a top! I can not believe the difference! If I had taken it to the dealership in would have a huge bill. The filter was $15 and the fluid was $8 a qt and I needed total of 8. This took me most of the day because I took my time. Good luck to you....and don't forget to check on YouTube for videos also. Good luck.

20

I took my son's car to AAA after the car began making a loud putt sound and the AT light began to flash on the dash causing the car not run beyond 2nd or 3rd gear. The diagnosis test on his car revealed that the rear transmission motor mount & the Transmission Input Speed Sensor had to be replaced. This solved the problem.

20

In my Mazda the AT warning is by the Driver signal and stopped working the transmission properly, do you think it is transmission problem?

10

AT signal light comes on for couple secs & then goes back off ea. time you start your Mazda 3 ?? Here's what it is......

50

Hello, the AT and Check Engine lights came on for my 2008 Mazda 3. I checked the AT fluid and it was very low, so added a quart, shifted through the gears and drove for five miles. Everything seems fine now, but the lights won't go off. Should they go off on their own if the problem was resolved? Or does a mechanic with special tools have to be the one to turn the lights off? Or does this indicate that there is still an issue? Help! Thanks - I am a single mom that recently moved to a new city and do not know anyone here yet that I can ask, or even know a good shop yet! LF

40

2008 mazda3. My car will shift very well from gear 1 all the way to 3 and it gets stuck there but i can reach upto 100km/h on gear 3. the check engine light is on and just today the AT indicator came on. I changed the AT Fluid just a week ago. What might be the problem??

Rear smash to my car from other vehicle smashing me and 2 days later car jerking and now engine light on then car started stalling and AT light and car with traction lines both now on dash screen Mazda Penrith won't say it could of been caused from the smash. I said has to be cause from smash as if not I would not of been in that place when my car smashed as I couldn't drive my car as it stalls and jerks all the time. How could it be a coincedense?? Insurance won't fix it as Mazda won't put in writing could of been from the accident. Help urgently as I have no car and still sitting 4 days later with Mazda plus $70 to pay them to tell me ATM and some pulse not communicating and cost to fix over $1600

10

Output speed shaft or input speed shaft sensor(s). I had to replaced both and problem was resolved.

40

Something I noticed, When my car is on Park and I start it up and jump straight to reverse the car jerks and the AT lights comes on...but when I get it from Park straight to Neutral the AT doesnt come up, so what I do when I start it up I go from park to neutral then Drive and set it up to manual mode so I can control it so it wont go past 3...the AT light will only come on it you manually put it on gear 4 or when on auto and it tries to go to gear 4 the AT will pop imediately. So 3 days ago I did as I always do...park straight to neutral then Drive and manual mode, when I got to a good tarmac road I switched it back to auto and funy thing the AT didn't show and I was cruising upto gear 5 the ride was smooth for almost 40km...and all of a sudden the AT came back on...

40

The AT light, how do i get rid of it....i took my car to another mechanic and the error code was p0661, the p0735 that was indicated by another mechanic was absent totaly. Now am really confused....do i change the TCM or the shift solenoid or the Secondary Shutter Valve Low Input?

10

I have the same problem as every one my Mazda 3 2008 model started that problem of At light it shift fine from gear 1 to 3 then stuck there what must I do do this mechanics want to me to replace the gearbox that I think is not necessarily

40

Hi David, in my case what my mechanic did was replace the TCM and the car could shift normaly to all gears though the tcm replaced doesn't match my previous one it's doing the job quite fine. Replacing the gearbox should be the last option and it's not cheap either.

350

Hey Brian, about how much did it cost to replace the TCM

40

The tcm that matches my cat costs about 100k Kenya shillings that includes shipping and duty. The tcm am using isn't a tiptronic type but works well on D. My mechanic gave me at 20000 Kenya shillings...paid an extra 8 for labour. Dollar rate is at 103.9. Divide by that.