If I want to change Spark plugs do I have to replace coil pack too

10

Asked by Dec 16, 2014 at 05:31 PM about the 2001 Holden Vectra

My Holden vectors is 2001 2.6 v6 is spluttering and has no power when I take off and
looses power going uphill severely to point it don't make it up steep hills at all unless in
1st gear I been told may have bloked injectors or spark plugs may need replacing and if
they do I'll have to replace coil pack aswell is any off this true and could it possibly be any
of these things that's the prob

66,465

You can change the plug,s without replacing the coil pack,try the plug,s first,then if it still run,s bad ,change the pack then.

10

Ok thanx, could that be why I loses revs/power

66,465

Yes bad plug,s will not fire,therefore very little power,

Best Answer
5,355

If the problem came up all of a sudden, there's the chance of bad gas. Did you put in gas shortly before the problems started?