1990 dodge spirit engine cuts out at 1500 rpm

10

Asked by Jun 03, 2014 at 04:28 PM about the 1990 Dodge Spirit

it sounds like its misfiring at 1500 rpm

17,035

misfires are suppose to get the car's computer brain a working... any check engine light?

10

it sounds more like its spiting like a sprinkler haha but ya the check engine light is on changed the distributor rotor and cap wires and plugs and intake gasket think it might be ignition module what do you think

17,035

did distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires. So I will assume you can check for spark but haven't?

17,035

that dam noise you mentioned has me making it between my lips , I could almost hear it but the only two places that jumped at me were arcing and manifold. You may find the spark is poor because the coil is arcing.

17,035

what else goes in time with the plugs firing. TRY to pin point the area where rhythmic sound is coming from. Try looking when it's pitch dark for any visible arcing.