We have ga and new battery but won't turn over.. can anyone help

40

Asked by Aug 09, 2014 at 10:32 AM about the 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

112,085

Check all battery connections. If all looks good check solenoid wire from ignition. With key held in start position you should have 12 volts showing on it. If not double check connections and check for blown fuses. Also check for power to ignition switch and proper operation of neutral safety switch. Vehicle is in park correct?

40

Yes its been parked.. and all battery connections are good.. :) I'll let my husband knows thanks.. and if thats not the problem what would be next thing to do.. cuz this is are only car to get around now..

40

Plus gas is not getting into the motor.. if that helps some

112,085

Check for blown fuses.

40

He has already done.. one under hood and the 2nd one in the glove box.. is there is another one hidden you think..

112,085

I think that's all of them. Not sure about this model car but on some models the fuel pump will not come on unless the computer sees that the engine is actually turning over. That being said I would key on getting the starter to working before I worried to much about the fuel issue. Fixing the one may fix both.

40

Sorry just in the glove box.. guess I misheard him wrong.. just one box fuse.. OK thanks..

40

Its turning..

112,085

Ok the engine is turning over like normal but just won't start?

40

Yes..

112,085

Ok now let's check for spark at spark plugs and fuel pressure at fuel rail.

40

Dont know how to check the fuel pressure..

112,085

Ok. If you in USA. Auto zone will loan you what you need to test for it. (deposit required but you get it back when you return it). It will most likely.have directions for testing procedure.

Best Answer
40

Yes we r.. we dont have auto zone here just Napa and O'Reilly.. but O'Reily dont go to peoples houses and we dont have a way to go and dont really have money for what they would want on deposit..

112,085

Ok. Has he checked for spark at the plug wires?

40

Dont think so.. but I'll tell him to look.. thanks.. let u know

40

Its the fuel pump.. thank u for helpin.. his uncle helped us figure out how to test it if it was.. thank u again..

112,085

Glad you figured it out.

40

Thanks but still won't get me where I need to go Thursday.. or get it fixed before then.. but thank u