1989 Olds Cutlass Ciera gets no fire to spark plugs.

Asked by Apr 26, 2010 at 08:40 PM about the 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Have replaced ignition module, 2 coils, crank sensor and ecm.  All fuses, fusable
links and grounds are good. Any suggestions?

3,135

Could be a security issue. Do you have a resistor pellet key?

50

The most important task to perform first, is the spark plug receiving fire and is it on time?. The first can easily be ruled out by insert a spark plug tester to verify that spark is present. The next step is there any fuel being delivered to the cylinder, again just pull out a spark plug and inspect it for the presents of fuel be being wet, if you do not a test light. Once the question arises is fuel being initiated by the fuel injectors. Spray either in the intake hose, If the engine tries to start than the ECM is not grounding the injector completing the fuel injections system. I am willing to answer any questions about repairing units for free but it may take some time for me to respond since i have had a pretty sever injury . I have over 25 years of experience in heavy and light vehicle repair and of ASE certified. e-mail Questions to Bandit2bear@gmail.com