No able to get her stated

Asked by Jan 22, 2013 at 05:15 PM about the 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Problem...when starting her, she just won't catch.. I give a few taps of the pedal but she isn't  going to give in. I pump the gas and she almost starts but won't . It is getting enough gas. I'm not wure, but is the carb not getting enough gas?

28,215

Clogged fuel injectors, maybe?? A bad spark plug or two could also be an issue.

Thanks, my car doesn't have fuel injection but I will check the plug. Thinking also it could be the carb. You are very helpful. Thanks again..

28,215

Opps...didn't notice the year of your car (1985) and somehow overlooked your mention of carbs...More than likely you're right. I happened to notice this, for what it's worth...good luck fixing the problem! http://www.ehow.com/facts_7674072_common-carburetor-problems.html

36,795

When was it last tuned up? One or even two spark plugs not firing would still allow it to run. Sounds like the rotor has burnt through and is allowing the coil spark to ground through it.