How Can I Adjust the miture from too lean to more rich . 2000 3.8

25

Asked by Aug 14, 2014 at 06:30 AM about the 2000 Ford Windstar

y Cyl 1& 5 reads too lean misfire.  Is their a adjustment screw to make the  mixture right.

37,655

Sorry to say but you SOL. The engine is fuel injected. Maybe you can run some injector cleaner through it a bunch of times. I like Lucas products. But maybe others have a different brand they like. Fordnut likes Sea Foam.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Good answer B-mark. No, Rich, there is no adjustment screw, sensors like 02, MAF, MAP, and others send data to the ECU and that computer decides how to send the right fuel/air mix all electronically. I do like some SeaFoam products. Matter of fact I use Deep Creep on my firearms, it's better that WD40 to use after cleaning and before storing in safe. And the Gas treatment, but not as a habit.. But Not the motor oil additive, I bought a Corolla that I have not yet added to my Garage and use Mobil1 that has all the additives a motor oil will ever need. Too lean could very well mean a clogged injector, it's getting the right signal for how much fuel to inject but if clogged they won't inject enough,if any fuel. The Fix-It-In-A-Can stuff, I have nothing bad to say about Lucas Products, but you can try. No harm. But you may end up buying new injectors. Don't run out and but them on my say-so. If it was a bad 02 sensor for one thing it would make the entire bank run lean, not just 2 cylinders and throw a code

25

You guys are Great! I bought a new ECM =Rebuilt at O-riley $115.00 Had the car towed to Ford to have the ECM Flashed. I got back #1 . Number 5 is coming up Lean and misfire- I put in 60% of Lucas Injector GasTreatment to a half tank of fuel. my gas mpg went from 9 to 11,5 on the sash computer readout. Is their any way to turn up the Idle to 900 RPM in Park from 650 Rpm.

That idle too low can be fixed with a good cleaning of the IAC. SeaFoam Spray is fine, there are other products too. It can be cleaned, you probably don't need a new one. Have a look at this page. ..click image http://leckemby.net/windstar/windstar02.html

I forgot to say allowing it to idle at 650 is very bad.You oil pressure is not up enough. 900 to 1000 is minimum. Those are 10mm bolts, and DO NOT touch the terminals in either side of electrical connector

The AutoZone web site says 'do not attempt to clean IAC, Solvents will damage sensitive internal parts' Well of course they will say that, they want to sell you a new one. But worst case a new about $70-80. Money well spent