hi i have r reg nissan serena 2.3 its running lumpy but will drive for few miles throw fuel light on cut out give black smoke then starts back up and goes for few more miles

5

Asked by Feb 18, 2013 at 03:53 PM about the 1998 Nissan Serena

You get a 'check engine' light? if so we'd know which sensor to replace, this thing has, The TPS, MAF, O2, EGR any number of these buggers are probably at fault, key is that check engine light, or we will blindly half-assed guess at where we might start on the procedures. I'll be expecting a full report on my desk in the morning

5

no lights apart from fuel light

If I were hazard to guess, the O2 sensor is faulty. replace. now you've buggerd up the CAT and now if you take 'er on a long run so the cat heats up, perhaps the cat will come back-.....a new cat. This may be just the beginning of your problems...but wouldn't it be nice if a vacuum hose fell of from a critical servo switch...something as idiotic as this? damn damian1890 USE your eyeballs to look and see if anything looks out of place....this is probably the thing....OK.

I had a nissan, and it stored the trouble on the vehicle though a series of codes if you turned the key to the on position and noted the flashes?? maybe a jumper you have to establish something down at your fusebox? been a lot of vehicles and a lot of diagnostics and would have to pull out your owners manual and looksee myself, so you go ahead and do this and read where it says self-diagnostics or some such thing. then report-

the FUEL light is supposed to come on when you've got 1 litre left. You aren't trying to run it down to empty?...still have plenty of gas?

5

i also have 2.3 y reg will parts fit off that

5

thanks

5

i will have good look and let u know out come