What is the difference in the Highline and the ES convertibles?

25

Asked by Apr 25, 2008 at 05:11 PM about the 1991 Dodge Shadow

I have a 91 Dodge Shadow Convertible and I'm not sure which it is. The pics of them look much the same!! How can I tell? Is this car worth fixing up? It has a lot of issues. The clear coat is coming off, the windows don't work, it leaks from them, the back window is broken and it has a connecting rod knock. It as a few dents too!! Help should I fix It or junk It?

65

Something surprising arrived for 1991: a Shadow convertible. Entry-level "America" editions also joined the lineup. By now, Shadow and Sundance were Chrysler Corporation's least expensive domestic cars, thus adopting the stripped-down America designation. Shadow Americas came in both 2- and 4-door hatchback body styles, but only with the 2.2-liter engine. Standard models, now called Highline, came with either normally aspirated engine. The Shadow ES, now listed as a separate model, had a sport suspension and could also get turbo power instead of the standard 2.5-liter four. Converted by American Sunroof Company, convertibles came in both Highline and ES trim, with a manual folding top and plastic rear window.

15

I have the same issue with the clear coat on the hood...they had some real retards running the assembly line in the early 90's...some came back on a recall therein I heard.