My 92 Dodge shadow makes ticking noise at idle any ideas?

Asked by Jan 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM about the 1992 Dodge Shadow

785

Could be low on oil and the lifters are dry, make sure its full of oil. Does the noise go away with more RPM? Is it only on startup? which engine does the car have?

10

I have a 1991 shadow with the 2.5L. It makes the same noise too. I found out it is caused by a condition called piston slap, which is not serious. Have had the car 20 yrs. and have no serious engine issues other than having to replace a worn out camshaft seal.

70

Also to remember is that you have to take care of your radiator, waterpump on a regular bases so that noise doesn't come back.