I have a Mazda Familia(Protege) 2001 model. Yesterday, when I was driving it, the light A/T started flashing. Before this happened, the change of gears is really slow. What does this mean?

Asked by Apr 26, 2015 at 05:41 AM about the 2001 Mazda Familia

140

Have you checked the trans fluid level?

Yes I did and the level is good. It is not too low neither too high. Would you recommend changing the Trans fluid?

140

Any codes with the light flashing? If you do change the trans fluid I might suggest having it power flushed vs drain and fill. We did this for my daughter's Camry bc I suspected a clogged valve body and we were happy with the result. Also check connections and hoses that might go to the trans.

Thanks Mark. Will also do that.I managed to have the Automatic Transmission Fluid changed over the weekend. And so far, the AT indicator light has stopped and the gears are changing smoothly. However, am still observing just in-case.

Hi, am having the same problem, unfortunately not happy yet...i drained and filled but the problem remains, i managed to buy a new gearbox but nothing changed, now the mechanic is telling me that it might be a sensor.