My CVT transmission drive gear doesn't work the frist time I start the car for the day I have to heat up the engine then it works with NO problem .Y is it doin that ? I change my oil on time.

Nicholas Ramsingh

Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM about the 2001 Nissan Bluebird

Chelo Caride Ramos

Maybe it have the internal seals worn and that why it work perfectly when it gets Hot because the hot oil stretch the seals to they natural state and let them do their job..

Have you changed Brand or type of oil?? Could be the oil is too thick and requires warming before your transmission starts to function.