1992 caravan starting problems.3.0

Asked by Dec 17, 2008 at 12:47 AM about the 1992 Dodge Caravan

ok first.new fuel pump,sending unit,fuel filter,plugs cap and rotor..

problem is.I have to turn the key forwards 3/4 times and listen for the fuel pump to kick in.if the fuel pump does not kick in 3 times it will not start.

but after it starts it will start right up on the first crank while its warm.I cleaned all the lines from front to back on the fuel system.it seems to be a preasure issue i think.

and i have changed the new fuel pump out just incase.

now a ?..does the fuel tanks on these get preasurized.?I remember before I had all these problems it would make a hissing sound when i removed the fuel cap.

75

i have got the same van only a '94 instead of a '92 and all i did was replace the fuel lines and it quit after that i guess you can try that

135

check to be sure that the evap system is venting, is it hard to get fuel into? the evap system could be plugged, it would be as simple as the evap canister breaking an dirt getting into it, if the tank is pressurizing i would look there.