Transmission

Asked by Nov 06, 2008 at 12:39 PM about the 1992 Dodge Caravan

My 92,w/4speed auto trans. has a slight whirring noise when in gear.It switches gears fine.
I got a transmission svc. to replace the gasket.The shop said the whirring would get much louder before I needed a new Torque Converter.The loudness has not increased as far as I can tell since April 08 when purchased.Until...
They left my fluid 1 quart low during the svc.I only drove about 10
miles before checking the fluid and finding out.
Would this cause the
Torque Converter to need replacement sooner as it seems to have gotten a little louder since the service?
Thank You So Much !
NoahKBand

700

The whirring could be a few things. Need to know: Does it change pitch/volume with road speed or enging speed? Does it make the noise idling but not moving? Does the van pull well? I don't know that it would be the conv. whinning, a pump or the diff could cause it to make noise in a heartbeat though. I can get you real close to the problem if you get back with a tad more info, I know 41TE's well.