why does my 2.5l engine stumble while driving sometimes?

Asked by Mar 03, 2008 at 07:20 PM about the 1992 Dodge Caravan

I have a 1992 Dodge caravan, 2.5l engine and it has recently started "stumbling" when I drive it.  It's like the gas doesn't get through sometimes , it doesn't matter if I am on a flat path or going up or down hill.  It doesn't happen all the time, but randomly. Any suggestions?  The vacuum lines are on and fine.

40,315

Sounds like either a fuel injector, throttle position sensor, or a misfiring plug.

155

I was having the same issue on my 93 caravan, when about 2 wks ago she ran fine on Tuesday but Wednesday morning wouldnt start AT ALL, just cranked. Ive tried to start her a couple more times since then but I have to press the gas pedal to the floor to get her to go enough to let go of the key but as SOON as i let off the gas pedal she dies. My brother, also my mechanic, finally had time to come by and diagnose the problem today and weve concluded the issue is the: fuel pressure regulator, which runs between 85-100 for my year at my closest autozone. my brother also forwarded a article link: 7 symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator, i believe will help you figure out if its the regulator or not. My car scored 6 out of 7, so mine will get replace when my bro has time, but hopefully SOON! hope this helps and good luck!