I have a 1992 rocky. unfortunately i blew the transmission and tranfer case as i was towing it four wheels down. will i be able to fix it with a another transmission?

Asked by Oct 04, 2013 at 02:22 AM about the 1992 Daihatsu Rocky

Jesus...You actually towed a 4x4 SUV with all 4 wheels on the ground? I see people with gigantor motorhomes doing this all of the time...Everybody just thinks "I'll just put it in Neutral" and it'll be just fine...Nope, just the opposite. Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but hope you get the tranny replaced at a reasonable $$ and please just rent auto/SUV trailer next time...One that looks like this:

Yes you can tow with all 4 down. I have done it for more than 10,000 miles. you just have to stop every 100 miles and run the engine for a minute or so to re-lube the bearings. It also helps to use a synthetic gear oil, like REDLINE. Also I have a engine, trans and transfer case for sale. Make offer. 33dongordon@comcast.net

We have trannys and transfer cases available. Daihatsu Rocky Parts Northwest. Daihatsurockyparts.wix.com/drpn

a transmission for a 1989 Daihatsu rocky do you have one