where to find the starter.

Asked by Jan 31, 2007 at 02:52 AM about the 1993 Dodge Caravan

i'm having a problem starting my dodge caravan 1993 model. i'm from toronto, canada, and its freezing up here. when i turn on the ignition key, my van won't start, nothing i can hear except for the beeping sound when you put key on. not responding, i mean, no noise of the engine, but when i turn on my headlight and the all the interior lights all is working properly, meaning its not the battery (by the way this thing happens in my workplace, noon time. no problem starting the van on that morning) but still i boost the van with my friends car. nothing happens. so is it possible that im having a problem with my starter? and if so, where is the exact location of it? and what will i do if thats the problem?  Thank you. RJ

16,190

Dear ren007-- If it's your starter go to the following site and they can walk you through the repair-- http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/10/bc/63/0900823d8010bc63.jsp. It's not that easy, however, and I am not convinced its your starter. It may still be your battery (if you are lucky) or it could be the fuel injector cold start valve or the choke thermostat. I suggest you go through your electrical circuit with a test light and see where it stops working. Did this help or are you more confused than ever? Let me know. Good luck from Bovan.

245

check the battery connections first, try shorting the starter, if that doesnt work then try a starter but first clean the cables at BOTH ENDS.

Best Answer Mark helpful

thank you very much acmexx, i did shorting it and it started. then i cleaned the wires connecting to the starter. thanks again.

630

the starter location is under the front of the car most of the time held on with 2 18mm bolts thur trans bellhousing, more than likly just behind the motor mount coming from raditor support to motor just under exhaust manifold, cylinder head [next to motor block] either behenind ac commpressor,or waterpump, normally, it's looks like a coffee can,with a little can on top with wires attached 2/3 thick wires held on by 13mm nut , and a little wire held on by a 8mm nut,or plastic clip plug{don't break that wire] remember dis connect the positive wire off battery before removing hope this helps

20

Where is the started for a 2006 caravan starter located