My 660CC car radiator upper hose shrinks when engine is off

Sherzada Khan

Asked by Aug 01, 2014 at 01:42 AM about the 2007 Suzuki Alto

when my car is off & i look at radiator upper pipe it is collapsed, but when car is start is normal, what is wrong please guide.

Replace the radiator cap. It's bad. Do it soon. No do it now. Be sure that you get the right cap. Not the generic on size fits all.

Best Answer

I agree but if problem continues after you replace the cap have that hose replaced. Might be a good time to also inspect the other hoses for the same. And as stated above do this ASAP.

The hose is weak- you need a newer, stronger, better one- that car is a 600cc?! Wild!

Hey J.B. The 660 cc is a 3 cylinder 12 valve engine that powers a multitude of vehicles here in the Philippines and in south east Asia. You can get the 5 speed, auto and 4X4 versions. 2 door or 4 door with a pickup bed. A full sized cabin like a min van. And since gas is $5.00 a gallon and the average wage is less than$10.00 A DAY. They've very popular. Google multicab for sale Philippines. I think I'm going to have one built next year. Fully loaded with power windows, steering, A/C 4X4 etc run about $5000.00. If I knew how I'd post a picture.