Engine Management light flashing intermittently and engine missing.

Asked by Feb 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM about the 2008 Chevrolet Kalos

The engine management lights flashes intermittently and when it does, the engine is missing.  Has anyone had
this problem with the Kalos and if so what is the solution.,

99,235

Start with a set of spark plugs and engine air filter. It could be a crank position sensor or the cam position sensor but they usually throw a code if they are bad.

20,835

didnt even know such a name was out their!sounds like one of o2 and more likely rear one ,saying I smell something out of parameter

34,335

Check engine light is flashing because of the misfire, it's a warning saying get it fixed before the $600 catalytic converter gets covered in gasoline and burns itself up. The only thing the rear O2 sensor does is monitor whether the cat is good or bad. It has nothing to do with engine management. Get the codes pulled and find out which cylinder is misfiring.

99,235

Gm used a lot of different names for this Daewoo -- Also called Chevrolet Kalos, Chevrolet Lova, Daewoo Gentra, Daewoo Kalos, Holden Barina, Pontiac G3, Pontiac G3 Wave, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, ZAZ Vida. I don't know if a cat converter is used in the other parts of the world.

34,335

Misfire monitor is programmed to flash the check engine light when it sees a fault.