why wont my 95 dodge neon start, turn over?

Asked by Jan 06, 2013 at 10:11 AM about the 1995 Dodge Neon

car suddenly wont turn over, just click click! was stRTING fine 6 hrs ago.

30

Sounds like a dead battery. The clicking is probably the starter solenoid trying to connect the battery to the starter. One cell can short out in a battery without any notice. Then you've only got 10 volts which is not enough for the starter. If you have a volt meter check the battery voltage. It should be 12 volts.

Best Answer
5,660

All so check your battery conections for corsion and make sure they are tight and clean

75

sounds like a bad batt,also using a volt meter to check it is point less even if it has 12 volts if it has no cca or way below what it should have it wont start either

1,555

if the batt checks out fine, its the starter.