How do I replace a burned wire that comes out of a rubber connection on the firewall?

Asked by Jun 27, 2015 at 06:46 PM about the 1959 Edsel Ranger

I had a short in the wiring and one wire burned all the way to the firewall. The connection
is rubber and looks like it might unplug but I am not sure. I need to replace just that one
wire. I need details on how that wire is run into that rubber connection.

285

This is an impossible question to answer. There are about 50+ wires that run through the firewall. You wrote "I had a short in the wiring and one wire burned all the way to the firewall. The connection is rubber and looks like it might unplug but I am not sure. I need to replace just that one wire. I need details on how that wire is run into that rubber connection." That description describes almost all of the wires in the entire vehicle. But I will attempt to help anyway. 1) you have to see WHY the wire chard and the fuse didn't blow first. Fuses are put in to exactly avoid those issues. The fuse obviously over rated for that wire, or that wire is underrated for that fuse. But what I do is after finding out why that happened is run my own new wire.