Drive shaft BALANCER???

15

Asked by Jul 30, 2012 at 02:33 PM about the 1980 Ford Fairmont

OK! I just replaced u-joints and was doing the trans yoke and a round metal ring feel off as I was popping the last cap on the u/joint, It has a HT stamped on it! The drive shaft has the usual balance tabs and all is clean and neat. What is this and where oh where can I get that rubber ring that holds on the metal ring???? Do I even need this part??? !980 3.3 auto, thanks Tim Sr.

15

Great news here! Its a vibration dampener!!!!! Ihad to go to a truck shop that specializes in drive shafts, the counter guy knew right away what I described and told me it was ok to take the ring off as I would never be able to find the rubber ring that holds it on! Thanks for any one that looked here but problem solved!!