Drive shaft BALANCER???


Asked by Jul 30, 2012 at 02:33 PM about the 1980 Ford Fairmont

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

OK! I just replaced u-joints and was doing the trans yoke and a round metal ring feel off as I was popping the last cap on the u/joint, It has a HT stamped on it! The drive shaft has the usual balance tabs and all is clean and neat. What is this and where oh where can I get that rubber ring that holds on the metal ring???? Do I even need this part??? !980 3.3 auto, thanks Tim Sr.

1 Answer


Great news here! Its a vibration dampener!!!!! Ihad to go to a truck shop that specializes in drive shafts, the counter guy knew right away what I described and told me it was ok to take the ring off as I would never be able to find the rubber ring that holds it on! Thanks for any one that looked here but problem solved!!

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:

Ford Fairmont Experts

  • #1
    Dylan Higgins
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Mustang
273 Great Deals out of 37,583 listings starting at $1,350

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.