'79 fairmont wagon.. is it reliable enough to use as a daily driver if it has real low miles?

Asked by Nov 04, 2012 at 08:16 AM about the 1979 Ford Fairmont

found a lo mile wagon ... what was there reliability history?  needs alot of shop work and whats the mpg

237,115

Well once you get it inspected/repaired and running, it should be a fine vehicle to drive daily. Remember it is over 30 years old, so some parts will fail, maybe more so than a newer car, but stay on top of it and it should be cheaper to maintain than buying a new vehicle.

237,115

MPG will be around 20 on avg.