engine

Asked by Nov 21, 2010 at 04:41 PM about the 1978 Ford Fairmont

ok when i drive my fairmont alot and she gets hot and i turn her off and she wont
crank back up wat could be the problem i have replaced spark plugs and wires coil
pack rebulit carb wat is could it be

345

I had the same problem with mine I forgot excatly why it did that

Dylan Higgins ty if u can think of it would u email me at gasouthernredneckredneck@hotmail.com to let me know cause i really dont wont to pay a mechanic but i may haft to

75

Mine kinda does this too. When its cold as hell (as long as I pump the gas) it starts right up. Once it gets warmed up it has trouble starting again. I've replaced the sparks and wires a while ago, other than that the car had less than 60k (miles) when it stated doing that.

replace timeing chain and gears,first have timeing checked,it could be set to high or parts are worn out and has jumped time.

75

I recently replaced my PCV value, it seemed to help.

what I said in other post plus have your starter checked.