I have a 1958 Nomad and I am looking for info about how the gas pedal mounts to the floor -- the original floor pan was replaced and they did not bother to mount the gas pedal back in! A picture or a description would be great...

Asked by Sep 16, 2007 at 04:05 PM about the 1958 Chevrolet Nomad

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I believe that there are a pair of hooks or studs in the floorpan that the base of the gas pedal mounts to, but without a picture or description, I am at a loss.

2 Answers


Are you sure it's not a floating gas pedal that mounts without being bolted to the floorpan? Try posting in the Chevy forums at www.classiccar.com to see if someone can show you a picture.

1 people found this helpful.

I have the original gas pedal and it has mount points at the base to connect it to the floor pan. You can buy an aftermarket gas pedal that does float -- difference is $150 between the floor pan mounted version and the 'floating' version. Thanks for the pointer to the other forum -- I will try posting my question there... All the best

Your Answer

Chevrolet Nomad Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Gordon Stewart
  • #2
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Chevrolet Bel Air
222 listings starting at $85,000
Used Chevrolet Apache
15 listings
Used Chevrolet Corvette
100 Great Deals out of 15,289 listings starting at $3,900
Used Lincoln Continental
31 Great Deals out of 2,829 listings starting at $21,995
Used Chevrolet Impala
395 Great Deals out of 25,692 listings starting at $900

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.