I have a 1958 Nomad and I am looking for info about how the gas pedal mounts to the floor -- the original floor pan was replaced and they did not bother to mount the gas pedal back in! A picture or a description would be great...

Asked by Sep 16, 2007 at 04:05 PM about the 1958 Chevrolet Nomad

I believe that there are a pair of hooks or studs in the floorpan that the base of the gas pedal mounts to, but without a picture or description, I am at a loss.

42,195

Are you sure it's not a floating gas pedal that mounts without being bolted to the floorpan? Try posting in the Chevy forums at www.classiccar.com to see if someone can show you a picture.

I have the original gas pedal and it has mount points at the base to connect it to the floor pan. You can buy an aftermarket gas pedal that does float -- difference is $150 between the floor pan mounted version and the 'floating' version. Thanks for the pointer to the other forum -- I will try posting my question there... All the best