brake puslating

Asked by Apr 30, 2016 at 10:04 PM about the 1999 Dodge Durango

Replace right drive axel bearings on right
side new brakes and calipers now when
braking just before stop makes loud noise
and pulsesate as you stop almost grabbing
never happened before repairs im lost

12,445

Double check all your work! sometimes the rubber portion of the brake hose is bad internally causing brakes to stick or remain on but pulsation is strange with new rotors. KNOCK IT DOWN and reinspect your bearing install and all the brake components. The problems there waiting to meet you. Regards

242,515

Did you only replace the new brakes on the right side or both?

I replaced both sides brakes and new calipers. The noise and grabbing and pulsesating started right after we changed axel and bearing got worse after we changed brakes and calipers

Actually we changed axel bearing and both brakes then it was happening and right side caliper broke and cause pad to heatup smoke so we thought that problem so we changed both calipers and now little worse and didnt go away

12,445

So you didn't change ROTORS..?

We have not changed the rotors yet. The issues only happen when we are slowly applying pressure to brakes and when we are almost to a complete stop is when it happens and once you make the complete stop it stops. Other than that it doesnt happen

12,445

Check them for run out. I suggest turning them If there OEM original and have enough material to do so, or replace them it they are out of spec.

Only when we are coming to a normal start it starts happening just before we stop and then releases and stops dosent happen on hard stop could it be bad rotors

12,445

OK, seems like there's another issue with the front end. Explain coming to a normal start? when you accelerate it has the same symptom?

No only applying the brakes when i accelerate and apply brakes real hard does not do it but if i was going speed limit and gradually coming to stop at a stop light or sign then it happens just as im coming to complete stop someone suggested maybe abs sensor going bad all of a sudden