Dash lights flicker on and off at night, Speedometer and RPM gauges go crazy day and night, ABS light goes on and off

Asked by Oct 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM about the 1999 Dodge Caravan

I want to know if this is going to affect my

I'd check your battery cables and ground first, they might be corroded or loose. Also have the battery load tested, any local auto parts store will do this for free. It might be time for a new battery. When the voltage gets low, funny things happen. If that checks out, my bet is a faulty ignition switch.

should nt have any affect if cables are tight and clean on the battery,find out if its charging take it to autozone it's free,than take it to another autoparts and have them see if it's charging just to make sure the first person is telling you the truth.if everything i said is o.k than no worries its a loose plug behind the dash.

I'm an electrical guy. I had the same problem and symptoms as Alicia. I traced my problems to badly corroded clamps at the battery terminals. Removed, cleaned, lubricated and re-installed them about a month ago. None of the earlier symptoms came back so far. If the battery terminals did not fix the problem, I would have continued on to the grounding strap, but did not need to in my case... Hope this helps.

I had the same problem on my 2005 town and country van...I cleaned my battery cables with electronic cleaner....I then removed my cluster (which is super easy don't get scared)...Cleaned that with electrical cleaner and then tightened up ground G300...It's a multi ground connection inside your driver's side slider door compartment under your carpet...Remove the trim to get to it...It grounds EVERYTHING In Your vehicle...It was loose...My issue is gone and has been for 2 years now....Don't let dealers sell you computers and crap....Just check grounds and battery connections and clean and tighten to start.

Having a similar issue with a 2008 Dodge Caravan. We had an old battery that with heavily corroded terminals. It died on us, and I replaced the battery and terminal connections. However, now the van will randomly start to beep constantly and the dashboard gauges flicker with each beep as well as the gauges dip when it beeps. Wondering if ours is a bad ground connection issue. Going to try these troubleshooting tips to see if that hopefully helps.

My 2005 T&C had similar issues. I checked the ground under the fuse panel and on the engine block. No change. My AC woukd suddenly stop and then restart, engine seems to stutter for a second and smooth out. Cleaned grounds, replaced battery twice, replaced relays, checked all fuses, pulled electrical plugs on all doors. No changes. Was ready to get rid of the car. Finally cut the battery cables and replaced with after market splices- 'duralast'. Poof- problem gone! $24 fix! I wanted to share my solution with others.