Nissan Cefiro 1997 problem starting car

Asked by Feb 09, 2011 at 09:22 PM about the 1997 Nissan Cefiro

I've had this Nissan Cefiro (187,000 kms) for just over a year, with no problems
at all, until the other day. The car was really slow to start, taking about 15 secs.
Then after 3 trips, it wouldn't start at all.  The mechanic said the bushes had
gone on the starter motor so I got this fixed. Then after driving it away the
problem started again!  I figure it's something else that caused the bushes to
wear down (probably trying to start the car). The mechanics are stumped.  Any
ideas?

80

May be fuel pump? I just faced a fuel pump problem after trouble shoot my cefiro A32. I counld not start it at all, suddenly, in the evening before going home. Battery still powerful. I tried to pour some gas direct to engine inlet and it worked for a while. This mean that spark plugs have fired.

40

Same problem with me. But after replacing the fuel pump still same problem. Any idea how to fix? Thanks.

40

What about spark plungs im having a smiliar problem, my car is manual she wants to kick over some times she will start no problem then other days it sounds like my battery is flat

10

If it's not spark plug n fuel pump..check the firing coil...cefiro has a firing coil problem

10

I have a 1997 cefiro eximo and at 240kms fuel pump had low pressure and throttle body needed cleaning fuel filters needed replaced no electrical problems yet and the trans has just started hard shifting slightly from 1st to 2nd