Why my Nissan Cefiro 1992 often lost power when the car pass a bump or hole in the road?

Asked by Apr 02, 2009 at 01:53 PM about the 1992 Nissan Cefiro

My nissan cefiro 1992 often lost power specifically when the car pass w bump or hole in the road.  When it happened, the rpm drop to a low level and sometime turn the engine off. Later, I restart and sometime can work or wait a few second to work normally again.  I wonder what cause the problem because some mechanics can't solve the problem including regular nissan mechanics.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

15

it sounds like wiring to and from the igniter box on top of the engine at the back, have just gone through a similar problem at my workshop with a r31 passage,try that or give me better discription of the problem.

Is the igniter box here as "the throttle body"? To this box, there is a pipe connected from Mass Air Flow filter branch and to the engine, Is that one you meant? I might wrong the name but I mean the gateway for air entering the intake manifold that regulate how much air can enter the intake manifold and directly control engine speed? Thanks for your help and advice. Simson

30

hey,that hapened to my mate an he had a leek between the air flow metre and the throttle body,check that you have no leek or crack between the air flow metre and the throttle body,if there is it stuffs up the readings from the air flow metre and just stuffs up how it runs.if u need to know anything else just ask.