Can any experienced mechanic tell me the order of importance for needed repairs of my vehicle? Listed are my troubles: CV joint; wheel bearings; shocks; tire replacement; front end alignment;etc.Also, I have a ground wire that is attached from the negative battery post assembly to the top of the motor! What is it's purpose? It was added. The negative post assembly is properly grounded to the frame.

25

Asked by Nov 03, 2014 at 08:37 AM about the 1990 Nissan Cefiro

This vehicle is a: Nisson California ....it was never sold in the U.S. So, it is not a: Cefiro.

31,265

Since everything you have mentioned should be replaced at the same time. The shocks AKA struts should be done in pairs. As for the wire. Leave it be. Someone decided that it needed it and if everything is working...'....

9,885

I would suggest having the front end work first, bearings, CV joints, shocks, etc.. Then have your alignment done before getting new tires or at the same time to ensure the new tires wear evenly. As far as the ground to the engine block, it will not hurt anything. The engine block being connected to ground on the battery post will ensure the engine stays at ground "0" potential for a good reference for the electrical system.