2000 Dodge 1500 van won't stay running and gauges goes whack

Asked by Jul 17, 2015 at 11:59 PM about the 2000 Dodge Ram Van

I have a 2000 Dodge 1500 conversion van. If I step on the gas the van will start and run
as long as I press on the gas peddle but dies immediately after releasing. At the same
time the gauges go back and forth and a light comes on saying check gauges. Though
the gauges don't always do that the dying is constant.  I have replaced everything but the
computer.

10

My 2000 ram 1500 conversion van does the same thing, sometimes it'll do it for days or weeks at a time and others it will start right up and stay running, it's really annoying because it'll stall at red lights, stop signs, backing up, etc... Did you ever find an answer?

I got it started and it sounded a bit high (idle) but strong. I disconnected the negative on battery, it died and never started again. I can put starter fluid in the carb, nothing.I replaced the computer, coil, cap rotor etc, fuel sensor... Still only cranks. Baffling.

I had the same problem on mine, it was a bad computer. You can not buy a new computer none are made, a rebuilt one may or may not be good i had two rebuilt ones that were bad straight out of the box the third time was a charm runs great now and it fixed the gauge problem also.