I have a 1970 Plymouth satallite with a 383HP magnum engine 4-speed pistol grip. If ANYONE knows how many we're made please e-mail me animalhouse72633@aol.com

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 10:18 PM about the 1970 Plymouth Satellite

I have a Plymouth satallite 1970 with a 383HP 4-speed and is trying to find out how many
of these cars were made. I've tried to find out and no luck. If ANYONE knows PLEASE
PLEASE E-mail me animalhouse72633@aol.com I'd really appreciate it. I heard there
was only like 53 of these 1970 Plymouth satellites made with the 383hp 4-speeds with
the pistol grip? Don't know if its true or not but I'm trying to find out all I can about this car
with this engine. I'd appreciate any help from ANYONE who knows!! Hope there's
someone who can help me! Thank you

64,995

From the information I have Chrysler Corporation kept very poor production records in those days. My book entitled Encyclopedia of American Cars 1940 thru 1970 has Chrysler Corporation production figures lumped together by models, and/or model years. This may be something impossible to track down. I'd suggest contacting Chrysler Corporation's customer service department. They may be able to point you in the right direction. HTH. -Jim

70

Actually, Chrysler kept pretty good records during this era. Do some digging, you'll find your answer.

20

185, I know I have one too. And its a sport satellite.

It's not the sport satalite. Its 383hp pistol grip 4speed with bench seat they only made 53 from factory of this type like my dads. We are trying to find out what number out of the 53 that we have here & how many are left. They did make 153 of the sport satalite but this one isn't the sport it's ALOT MORE RARE. They only made 53 of these ones I found that out but any help of finding out how to tell which number car I have is what I want to know!! Done a lot of research with still no luck so anyone who can help please email me animalhouse72633@aol.com thank you for Any help!!

Not an answer, but a comment...I had one too, wish I still did! Other distinguishing features on mine were bucket seats with a fold down arm rest above a center seating pad, power everything, and a tach built in to the gauge cluster. I bought it in 1976, sold it in 1979 to go on a scholarship to Europe....bummer. It was dark blue with a black vinyl top. I pumped the motor, clutch, and put a 392 posi (I think that was the ratio)3rd member in with a pinion snubber to control ass drop off the line. It ran extremely strong. Being a high school hot rod I wasn't beaten by many!

10

Ask the expert, Galen Govier. When it comes to statistics about Chrysler cars, he knows it all. http://gvgovier.com/ I would imagine a base model Satellite with the equipment you listed is going to be quite rare. If it's a 4-door or a wagon, it would be rarer still.