2000 Intrepid; I have changed the alternator, the starter, the ignition switch and the battery, car still wont turn over...

10

Asked by May 07, 2018 at 06:06 PM about the 2000 Dodge Intrepid

10

After replacing the starter, it started up just fine, then moved onto the problem with, the airbag light on, the a/c blower not working, windows not rolling down, running lights not working and blinkers not working. All of that was because the ignition switch. Once that was replaced, the car will not start now.

10

I cleaned the terminals to the battery when I replaced it, all of the lights come on, its just not turning over

10

I didnt change the ignition just the ignition switch

10

The ignition switch is down to the left of the steering under the blinker housing

10

It's still the same ignition and key

10

Ive tried swapping out relay's to see if one is bad... still wont even make the attempt to turn over

10

No it wouldnt start with the other ignition switch either, but I knew that was the problems with the windows, air , etc. so I thought maybe it just finally gave out, but still nothing. And on a side note, not sure if it has something to do with it or not, but when everything is hooked up, the key is out of the ignition it still dings like the key is in the ignition, but when i slightly move the wires by the blinker housing and the ignition switch it stops dinging, but still wont turn over, crank, nothing.

10

Took off the the dashboard coverings to look at all the wires... they all look good and all the fuses under the dash are good. Guna test the starter tomorrow, hoping all the electronic issues didnt overload the starter

10

Anyone know how to by pass the anti theft? Reset the computer (other than disconnecting the battery)? Anything? I think removing the ignition switch might have triggered some kind of anti theft on the car

10

We tried that, I keep getting conflicting stories about if the switch has to be programmed. The guyat auto zone saidit doesn't and maybe justgot abad switch, so fingers crossed, I'm guna switch that out today