what causes major oil fluidly like spill under engine and also belt was off and notice the oil pan had 2 punctured holes in it where it was spilling from.than it wont start.

Asked by Feb 15, 2013 at 08:48 AM about the 2000 Dodge Durango

while i was driving i notice my rpm was up to 6 and up on a 45 mph and than 8 minutes of driving i heard a expolde sound and smoke coming from under my hood and pulled to the side and open the hood and notice a massive oil fluidly like spilling out and my belt was popped off and i looked under the car to see where the spill was comin from and notice it was from the oil pan that had 2 punctured holes in it from what i seen and i just bought this 2000 dodge durago yesterday  and it wont start so i had it towed bak to my house any sugesstions on why or what caused this to happened

toast.

not enough oil changes, oil filter installed incorrectly. the punctured holes came from inside the crancase? You're runnin with thrown bearings? it's a wonder it didn't stop dead in it's tracks. I suggest you shop for a replacement motor. There is little that we can do now, sounds like the damage is done. seek out a replacement.

candice you answered your own question, geez, 2 holes in the pan just might leak, ya think? You bought it yesterday and didn't even make it home? Didn't have it looked at by a mechanic? Did you even test drive it??? Some States, not many, have a 'cooling off' period on used cars, 5 days, hopefully you can get your money back and cancel the deal. Lemon laws apply to new cars only.

exempt from the Cooling-Off Rule are sales that involve: real estate, insurance, or securities; automobiles, vans, trucks, or other motor vehicles sold at temporary locations, provided the seller has at least one permanent place of business;

210,555

or at least had a drivetrain warranty.

Yeah Tom, hopefully. She didn't say if she bought it from a factory Dealer, Joe's used cars "we carry our own contracts" kinda place with pennants flying and Joe wears denim overalls or craigslist. candice believe it or not we are on your side, you got taken and I didn't mean any offense about you test driving it. I hope Tom's post is true