where is the fuse for the back brake lights for a 2000 dodge carvan

10

Asked by Mar 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM about the 2000 Dodge Caravan

The back light is out and I changed the bulb and it is still not working.

98,075

Check the brake light switch on the brake pedal for power. That turns the brake lights on. There is a under hood fuse box near the battery.

thanks tenspeed, was beatin' my head tryin' to come up with those solutions~

third from bottom. click the image

forget the red circle that is something else

8,495

The easy way to tell if it is a fuse or not is to turn on the 4-way flashers. They are normally on the same fuse as the brake lights. If they work, the fuse is good. If they don't then chances are it is the fuse. Also, if your turn signal/hazard lights share a bulb with the brake lights in the main housings, check to see if they are working. If you have no brake lights, and don't forget, you have 3, counting the one at the base of the tailgate window, but you do have hazard lights, then chances are you need a switch, and that is mounted somewhere on the top of the brake pedal arm. It varies from one vehicle to the next, and are generally pretty easy to fix.

Right on Michael. And it's not third from bottom, they are in the middle of the chart..it uses different feed wires on that car, the Caravan, for each side, 4~ways and third brake light, but all from same fuse

What I don't get though Michael is they used a smaller wire, a 22 gauge little wire for the output from the fuse for the 4 ways, 4 lamps flashing , and an 18g for each turn signal output, right front, left front LR and RR one lamp flashing, . Oh well, I suppose they had their reasons

8,495

I forgot to add that if it is the fuse, the first place to start looking for a short is at the hinge to the tail gate. The wire can get brittle and break, then short out, with the movement of the tail gate opening and closing regularly.

Best Answer

Makes perfect sense.

10

Thank You all so much we will check all of this and I will let u all know if it works in fixing my problem. I hope it does we got pulled over and got to get it fixed by the day of court.

We aim to please.

5

Dam I was scratching my head over this one. I think I have to replace one of the relays. Weird, that only the left drivers side top tail lamp is not getting power. Might have to go to the bone yard to get some relays.

mickey 503, i too , have only the brake light on the left not working. I even replaced the whole housing and it still doesn't work. Please let me know what you learn. Thanks.