sliding cargo door on my 2001 windstar sel

45

Asked by Aug 20, 2010 at 11:15 AM about the 2001 Ford Windstar Cargo

Recently, the driver side sliding cargo door has started acting up.  Sometimes, when the door is closing, it will get almost to the point where the lock engages and then the door will reverse itself and open.  it generally takes 3 or 4 tries to get it to lock.  Sometimes I have to put the key in the ignition and start the van before the door will close.  I don't know if that is just a coincidental symptom, but I thought I would throw it in.  Any ideas of what could be wrong?  Door Sensor?  Solenoid? Door motor?

your lock switch has gone bad.

45

how hard are they to replace?

not a hard job,you will have to remove the back cover on the inside to gain acc to it,unplug and remove bolts.

45

I've got a chiltons manual, it should be laid out in there....