Front bumper lights will not turn off.

Asked by Aug 25, 2012 at 05:32 PM about the 2001 Dodge Neon

I have a 2001 Dodge Neon. The two, small front bumper lights will not go off. All other lights go on or off with the light switches. These two lights stay on. How do I get them off?

6,995

could be on e of two things, could have a short to ground or could just have a bad multifuntion switch. Try unplugging your multifunction switch on the left side of the steering column.

1,335

In the fuse box drivers side there are two relays one says fog lights pull it the fog light sw is located on the turn signal stalk turn lights on and gently pull on end of stalk you should feel a small click and a movement out this turns them on reverse procedure to turn them off, note: these type of switches are subject to failue due to its design.

10

They are also the daytime running lights. They are supposed to be on all the time. Notice the pull button on the end of the signal switch. When u pull it, it will brighten the same lights to be the fog lights. Be aware of bad advice on this site. Email earljams@hotmail.com if you want to discuss this any further.

10

Also notice other neons that also have these lights on. First generation neons have the front marker/signal lights on as daytime running lights.

But are they supposed to stay on when the car is parked and shut off? I didn't notice them staying on until about two weeks after I bought the car.

10

Ah I did not see that in your initial question about keys and everything off. I assumed wrong. I would go with the relay as it sounds stuck on. Also a multifunction switch could be a problem. Any hazard light or hi/low beam issues?

10

You might fidget with fig light switch at the end of multifunction switch (signal lever)

6,995

Wow... U don't have a clue earl.... neons have Never had daytime running lamps. Ansd as to your post it was my first suggestion because i have worked on hundereds of them

Ive never seen a drl on a neon, the bigger cars ive seen it vans,and some chryslers. Such as sebrings, new Yorkers,concordes,intrepids. All 04 and up. The fuse box is located drvr side of dash door needs open to access once cover is removed the back of the cover should be able to see locations of relays. I assumed you were talking about fog lights. If I am wrong plz message me.

10

@tom.....it would seem to me that the second or third generation with the bumper/fog lights run all the time...as a dimmer, lower beam light, then when you switch to fog, they become brighter. The second I believe, runs amber front markers as daytime running lights.

10

Ok Chris, don't be a douche. The reason you've worked on "hundreds of them" is that you didn't learn to avoid them in the first place. I'm new here and wanted to share an experience I had with them. Perhaps they are different north of the Ohio river. So no need to be insulting.

275

Sounds like a problem with the switch or the relay. However, in the interim i would take the bulbs out so that you don't run down your battery. Solves the problem until you really solve the problem.

6,995

Either way I can almost 100 percent guarantee it's a bad multifunction switch

I have the same problem but i keep blowing my number 14 fuse which are my rear runninglights and dash light... i had corroded wires that i replaced on my harness everything works but this... please help