What is gpong on?

30

Asked by Jul 08, 2012 at 03:55 AM about the 2001 Dodge Neon

Ok. So my 2001 dodge neon is sputtering and stalling out. Idles ok some of the time. Drove perfect with no
problems for 45 mins today then started again. It was cold before the drive. I have replaced both oxygen sensors,
distributor cap, spark plugs, spark plug caps, checked all the vacuum tubes, throttle body, did a transmission fluid
and filter change, and have a fuel filter/pressure regulator on order. So can it be something else other than fuel
pump or possibly a specific sensor? On a diognostic it shows hi bar pressure high manifold pressure but the
catalytic converter is still good. I am exhausted from this car and out of money so i need more direction.

210,165

You mentioned "hi bar pressure high manifold pressure" Was it an error code P0106? Is so, the MAP sensor can be faulty and will cause these symptoms...Engine runs rough , Black smoke at tailpipe, Engine will not idle , Poor fuel economy, Engine misses at speed. Worth a try for $30 as without us being there with the proper diagnosing tools it's hard to give an accurate answer.

1,565

You may also want to check the cam and crank sensors and their respective wiring... I've gone through 2 crank sensors and 3 cam sensors on my 2003. Make sure the cam sensor comes from Chrysler... I put 2 aftermarket cam sensors in mine, both threw the MIL on about 5 minutes after starting for the first time... They operated out of proper vehicle parameters...

Best Answer
30

Thank you guys, cam sensor cleared up the stalling, have a map sensor on order. Now i can at least make it to and from work