were is the fuel pump reset button for a 2001 dodge neon?

2001_dodgeneon
10

Asked by Jul 26, 2011 at 06:05 AM about the 2001 Dodge Neon

were would i find the reset button on my dodge neon i need help badly is there a reset button for my 2001 dodge neon?

sea fome it

2001_dodgeneon
10

whats that mean

Dan Connell
10,165

sea foam is a fuel treatment that can either be introduced into a full tank of gasoline, or moderately added through the brake vaccum booster line

Scott Goodyear
885

go to neons.org and they will be able to tell you everything you need to know about your 2nd gen neon

Alan Baker
285

Dodge Neons do not have a fuel pump reset button that I'm aware of. I would check the fuse under the hood and relay. If its not kicking on at all, check those first to make sure you're getting power to your pump.

Chris McGee
5,995

get underneath the car and have someone cycle the key off to on, while someone else smacks the bottom of the tank with there palm should here it buzz.. try starting it.I iit starts after a few smacks it's the fuel pump..... old trick to get it running for a few minutes or seconds wouldn't trust it any longer than that ; )

diz
0

Sea Foam is the brand of a can of liquid that you would add to the gas tank. Kind of like fuel injector fluid (for those of us that live in the cold north of winter) but it will not get your car going. It is a good additive for the gas tank on a regular period basis to help keep things running better all along, especially for older cars. It is not a fix for what you have.

Dan Connell
10,165

fords are notorious for having a fuel pump reset.

NO they have a fuel shut off switch.before you post your crap again ,learn something.

Alan Baker
285

If you're not getting fuel, there's two tricks to find out. First is a can of Starting Fluid, spray into your intake with engine off and throttle open

nope,best way is to listen to see if you listen to here the FP humming.

Alan Baker
285

Second is to climb under your car, behind driver side rear wheel, disconnect the fuel pump connector and check with a multimeter for power when the key is cycled on. It'll only have power for a few seconds though, so pay close atrention.

Alan Baker
285

I have seen them kick on and still not provide adequate fuel. I've also witnessed no hum and still start up too. I'm just speaking from my experience and providing my input, as did you. The point of this is to collaberate ideas. So that's what I'm doing.

Dan Connell
10,165

ive heard it called a fuel pump reset switch by multiple seasoned ford technicians.

Allen,you are right,several ways to check.Dan my boy,seasoned ford tecks,I been with ford since 1978,I think im seasoned enought.read a manual nothing on a FP reset is again a fuel shut off switch for safty if a car gets ass ended,it shuts off the fuel pump.LDM 101.