Car won't start

10

Asked by Jul 12, 2015 at 06:23 PM about the 2001 Dodge Intrepid

Replaced can and crank sensor and checked all fuses , found out if I unplug cam sensor
it will start but can't go over 3000rmps

10

I meant cam not can

23,190

Check air filter clean throttle body, replace fuel filter if have not done so in a while and add fuel injector cleaner to gas tank. Also clean Idle Air Control Valve if vehicle has one or mass air flow sensor.

10

Thiat isn't the problem the car will start if I unplug the cam sensor but you can't go over 3000 RPMS need help in figuring out why???

23,190

Check the ( ETCS ) Electronic Throttle Control System- Fuse. Should be in the fuse box under the hood.

23,190

Sorry about the first answer thought I was answering another problem someone was having with their vehicle.

10

What does that ETCS have to do with the cam sensor and if you unplug the cam sensor the car will start but you can't go over 3000 RPMS ?

23,190

Just finished answering a question that a young lady had the same problem with her vehicle and she did the same thing as you did unplugged the cam sensor and it started but still ran bad. Did not no what to tell her at that time but she got back with me and told me that she had figured it out and it was that fuse. She said she replaced that fuse and car runs great now. Just passing on some information that may or may not fix your problem.

10

It's not my fuse husband checked them all they were good any other thoughts

23,190

How does the vehicle run if you unplug the throttle position switch ?