Engine Management light on Vauxhall Signum comes on, resets ok, but is coming on time and time again

Asked by Apr 29, 2013 at 03:43 AM about the 2006 Vauxhall Signum

Hi - engine management light is being a pain on my 06 plate Signum (1.9 TDCi). It comes on, if I stop and turn on and and turn off it goes off - but it comes again about 5 miles later and puts me into limp mode - AA have been out but no error codes are showing on their computer devices - they have topeed my oil up, and have put a clip around air flow - is that really it?

this is deffo the egr valve look at your inlet manifold I should be attached to it get a refurb or second hand one trust me they cost if its the same as my one that I replaced mine was water cooled cost £130 second hand if your hands on remove the manifold too and give it a good clean will be covered in diesel soot trust me try it your self I was quoted over £450 a mechanic could not remove mine so I had it back got the manifold off (pain in the arse) once removed had to use heat oxy and accetelene and a bench vice then came out easy a blow torch will do ie plumbers blowtorch hope this helps regards rich