Why does a car with a spanner light come up on my dash then go off

Asked by Aug 07, 2013 at 04:54 PM about the 2003 Vauxhall Signum

I have a 2003 vauxhall signing and when I start it a spanner light comes on but then it
goes off and doesn't come back on again till nxt time I start it from cold the car is running
fine and I know it's not the service light because I have had it reset

It's the same as a Check Engine light or Service Engine light. Something has tripped a code and the light goes on. Have the car scanned for the codes, the light doesn't need to be on it's stored in memory. The code will pinpoint you to the issue. Maybe emission sensor, or other issue.