fort winstar will not start

Asked by Apr 09, 2015 at 12:24 PM about the 2001 Ford Windstar

I parked my Ford Windstar in the garage. It was in good working condition. My garage was blocked due to sudden renovation and was not used for a year. Now I charged battery and tried to start-it, but I was hearing only trickling starter noise and no engine noise. Please, advise what I should do to start the car again.

39,925

First, your battery may be shot, I would start by putting a volt meter on it and see how many volts you get after a full charge. Clean your cables and grounds. If you end up with a new battery, just try and start it again. If all you hear is a click, have someone hold the key to the ON position. As they hold the key, locate the starter and rap on it with a hammer. If the engine suddenly turns over, your starter is in need of replacement. But I think you'll find that your battery is shot.

Regular lead-acid car batteries are not deep-cycle and if completely drained are usually shot..just as Reelin68 says. The security system draws a very small amount of power, and the consensus is that will hold for up to 4 months and still start car, 8 months 100% drained. So it's been dead at least 4 months. It's a goner. And add some Sea-Foam or HEET especially if it was parked at ½ tank or less, with some new gas