car wont start after sitting

20

Asked by Sep 22, 2015 at 11:27 PM about the 2001 Dodge Caravan

I drive my van to the store and shut it down. if I restart the van it starts right up, but after going in to the store the van will not start. It sat for about 20 min. but after sitting for 8 to 12 hours the van starts right up. When trying to start the van it turns over just fine but will not start. I replaced the oil pressure sensor and the vehicle runs better but still does the same deal. I took it to a shop and all they did was change the oil and said it was fine. But the problem still exists. Does anyone have any ideas?

20,145

did you replace the fuel filter????

20

No.. but it is not giving me in indication that the fuel system is messed up when it runs, it runs like a new vehicle just after the drive the engine and sitting for a bit that is when it wont start until it sits for a few hours like it needs to cool off. because it starts right up when it is cold. that is why I am so frustrated. the way it is acting on a older vehicle I would just change the plugs wires and distributer. But then again it wouldn't start cold if it had a spark problem. I am feel so lost. But changing the fuel filter and testing the fuel pump is the next thing on my list just to be completely sure it is not the fuel system.

20

would the computer sense that the fuel filter is clogged and not allow the engine to start? I hate these computers lol. you cant trouble shot the vehicle like in the old days.