Looking for a set of v8 vega headers

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 08:58 PM about the 1977 Chevrolet Vega

try car-part.com the largest network of salvagers in the US~...talk to one of the salvagers in your locality~

thought that one had an aluminum (easy-burnup) 4 cylinder engine...and were made into "sleepers" when the ole' 350 would bolt right in~

7,875

Summit Racing, Hedman Headers, Schofield Headers, JEGS or Sanderson Headers (which I have used on all my street rods). You want to use ceramic coated (to cut heat down) -- cast CHEVY small block, rear exit on the drivers side and center or rear exit on passenger side (if your running heater box). If you go with regular steel pipe header "shorts", make sure the exhaust flange to front crossmember (on the center dump manifold) has enough room to clear the curve of a mandrel bend pipe (or other type of bend depending on machine used). Going with rear dump manifolds eliminates this issue, but might bring up other issues such as steering column to exhaust manifold clearance on the driver side manifold. (Look under the Ford Ranger in my garage page at the '31 Ford Coupe I built back in 1991).

285

Again I'll direct you to eBay for another option to check. I have a number of saved searches which have items like this show up in them (yeah, in other posts I've suggested using quotes to get only what you're looking for) but when you're looking for H-Body stuff it's sometimes wise to keep your eBay searches wide. You can always delete the mail on the search or delete the search if it gets out of control with mails. But some sell parts from a project (sometimes a better way to try and recoup your money invested) that has fallen into that common pit of various reason for sitting unfinished. Worth a try. :)