what is 75 worth

Asked by Apr 09, 2015 at 02:07 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Vega

looking at a 75 vega, has no motor, or trany,  dont know what one is worth or how much to offer, the rearend stabalizer arm is missing so it flops around,  body is in good condition. what is it worth

A 40 year old Vega with no motor or trans providing that the body is SOLID and is complete (interior,trim,glass,etc.) minus the drive line is worth between $500 -$800

Best Answer

...and if it had the original motor and transmission, it would be worth $50-$100. ;-)

If the body and interior is in good shape. Not much, if anything, missing, or broken I'd offer $500 and see what his counteroffer is. These cars don't have much interest with collectors so if you like the car and can do something with it that's to your benefit. I buy cars that I like and can enjoy. Not something that might be a zillion dollar collectors item "one day". Or because it's popular. That's exactly why I bought my 1970 Catalina Station Wagon. I liked it. I got a lot of enjoyment out of it too. How many of them were still on the road in the late '90s & early 2000s? None that I saw. Just like a '75 Vega. Can't remember when I last saw one. Cars like those are head turners for that very reason. You just don't see them everyday anymore. HTH. -Jim

Them and monzas make great little drag cars