Seeking Value of 1971 Chevy Vega 2300

Faith_Trust
10

Asked by Apr 28, 2010 at 08:35 PM about the 1971 Chevrolet Vega

I have a 1971 Chevy 2300 that has been garaged for over 30 years. It's been in the family since new and had been driven. I am looking at selling it, but am having a hard time finding out the value. Also, since it's been so long since it's been on the road, I can't find the title, any registrations, or documents to prove ownership. I will go through getting a court appointed title if the $'s are worth it. Any info is appreciated.

waynepriest
30

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED wepriest@hotmail.com

Jesse Brouse
1,125

To my understanding, Chevy stopped making the Vega in '77 - '78 (not sure) From the picture it looks like a Hatchback coupe. Restored Vega's can run an upwards of 15 to 28 grand, but most of them now-a-days are drag racers or show cars. Since I'm not there in person, and going by the picture, I would guess between $1,800 - $2,400. I know the parts are hard to find, so even parting it out you would make some cash on it, had a friend a few months back looking for front fenders and couldn't find any... once we did, was nearly $900 per fender.

Faith_Trust
10

Wow! I wish I would have gotten this info a while ago. I just sold it for $600. And it was in pretty good shape. One owner, etc. Oh well........ Thanks for the info.

Faith_Trust
10

Ohio. But, I just recently sold the car for $600. I had this question posted since last April and no one responded.

waynepriest
30

SOMEBODY GOT A STEAL,WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS,I WOULD HAVE COME FROM TORONTO ,CANADA TO GET IT,DO YOU KNOW IF THEY DID ANYTHING WITH IT OR DID YOU SELL TO STRANGER THANKS WAYNE PRIEST

Jesse Brouse
1,125

no problem, I just saw the posting today. :P

vega
10

Do you still have this car, I had a 71 Vega when I was a teen now I'm look for one, if you still have this car lets talk.

Faith_Trust
10

Sorry, I do not. I just got rid of it about a month ago.

vaganut
10

Do you have more pictures of the car and a contact phone number ? I would be intrested in the car if it is still available! Please email me at nraddatz@san.rr.com Thanks Neil

terrijohnson
0

get the vin number from the car take it to the title office ask for duplicate title for auto i might be interested for my 16 year old daughter what are you asking for it

you really got what it is worth.that guy who said 15 to 24 grand must be smokeing some good stuff.if it were the coseworth vega,it would bring more.

vaganut
10

What state are you in ? Send me some pictures of the car inside and out I may be able to help then or maybe intrested in it ! Neil

Jesse Brouse
1,125

Maybe you should learn to read a little better... I said a fully restored Vega can fetch up to 24 grand. Secondly, they aren't that common to my understanding which still makes them desireable for parts or for a project. I've seen a lot of Vega's on drag strips, some of which cost 50 grand or more. $600 was a rip off, you know it, i know it... They should've got at least 1,200 for it.

Faith_Trust
10

When I sold it and it was pulled out of the garage - it was in much better shape than I thought it was. It was really a nice car. But, it's gone now. That was posted some time ago.

Faith_Trust
10

Jesse Brouse
1,125

Yeah, looks really good actually. Minor rust at the bottom but thats a simple fix, little bit of bondo, new paint.. yeah, I stand on my statement, 1,200 easy.

HE said it is sold.

Nuno Mateiro
0

I have a 1971 Vega for sale. The car is in Portugal and has done a full body restoration.