Dodge Caravan 2002 - Light Gear Box

Asked by Aug 31, 2010 at 11:50 PM about the 2002 Dodge Caravan

First of all, sorry for my poor English.

Hi everybody,
I m new on the forum, and new on the used car market of North America.

My wife and me, had just immigrate in Canada, and we want to buy a dodge caravan (New kid, big dog, and we want to travel).

After some different try to find a Dodge Caravan, I have just found this night, a good one, without any apparent problem.
But, (Always a but...), the light which indicates the current position of the gear box ( P R D N ...), is always open when I m on Parking or neutral.

What I mean, it's that the little square which indicates the current position, is around all the letter when I am on P or N, and is correctly positioned when I am on R or D.

And the light, next to it, which indicate the engine temperature is not working (Maybe, it's linked, I don't know).

I would like to know if some one has already experienced this kind of problem, and if it's can be dangerous, or fix?
If it's only a problem of display, it could be really good for me.

Thanks, if someone can help me, I didn't success to find a solution on google.

Thank you,
Jeremie.

60

Maybe it was a mechanical error. Try to look for technician to see that problem.