Sport Rims

Asked by Jan 06, 2010 at 03:38 PM about the 2003 Dodge Intrepid

I want to upgrade my rims and tires on my 2003 intrepid. I want to put a bigger size tire and sport rim on the car. What are the pro's and con's. What websites are available for sport rims.

635

I was thinking about that too maybe going from 16's to 17's but a nice set ive seen with wheels and tires was about a grand. But the bigger the wheel you go the thinner the tire sidewalls gets and then the less cushion there is for your suspension. Like kids here lower there cars and put really low profile tires on there cars but with all the pot holes it ruins there suspension. Unless you got the money to buy both summer tires and winter tires I suggest a good all season tire instead. I have a set of Hankook Ultima H418 tires on my car and it handles great but i got a deal tho thru my fathers boss they was 165 a tire and i got them for 75 a tire. As for rims check your local tire shops and see what they have, they can always order you rims that they don't have in the store. Ive seen some nice wheels on tirerack.com and townfairtire.com there chain tire shops that are near me, would rather see the wheel in person then ordering something online and then not liking it. Well good luck